Friday, July 22, 2022

Working with the Youth is my Calling

     I have always loved working with children and adolescents for many reasons. One of them is that I deeply cherish my own childhood and miss being a kid. Another reason is I realize young people need guidance and role models because their brains are developing at a rapid rate. Most of child and adolescent development depend on external factors including learning, parent influence, and peer pressure. This is my primary reason I love working with young people. Their developing brains encourage society's perception that kids are innocent. 

Yesterday was my first day being a day camp counselor. My unique role is to lead an activity for groups of kids. Soon after I started talking, I began to feel a sense of deep curiosity from the kids. I could already tell we were forming a connection with each other! They were so  patient and respectful of me! I thought they would be nervous and unsure of me because of my disability. I already love my job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment